Recognized on the Inc. 5000 Honor Roll of fastest-growing companies in the nation - Engage is a leading, national Professional Employer Organization (PEO) - and we continue to grow! We are seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our dynamic team. The position works collaboratively with all departments, including Human Resources, Benefits, and Finance, to coordinate and deliver Engage PEO’s products and services to our clients (e.g., payroll, human resources, benefits, risk management, and tax administration). The Payroll Specialist will report directly to the Payroll Manager. Duties include (but are not limited to) being responsible for timely and accurate processing of payrolls.
- Provides outstanding Client Service to Engage Clients
- Accurate and timely processing of all assigned payrolls
- Day-to-day payroll maintenance, including accurate and timely processing of payroll entries, garnishments, direct deposit information, and employee set-ups
- Establishes and maintains positive Client working relationships; successfully contributes to high Client retention rates
- Provides support and training to Clients and employees regarding payroll software and general payroll needs
- Provides progress reports to appropriate Engage Team Members
- Analyzes Clients’ needs and provides appropriate recommendations
- Performs analysis of completed payroll and troubleshoots data inconsistencies; identifies trends and potential issues, and recommends solutions
- Represents the Engage team effectively; builds trust and credibility, and promotes transparency
- Maintains confidentiality of all Client and employee information
- Other related duties as required
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts
- Extremely detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work, and meet deadlines, and follow process
- Must possess superb computer skills, including Microsoft Office Applications
- Demonstrate an open-minded, team-oriented, and collaborative work style
- Excellent interpersonal abilities; expertise in building and maintaining business relationships
- Dependable and hard working
- Data entry experience and fact-checking preferred
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 2+ years processing large volume multi-state payrolls
- ClientSpace, PrismHR, and HRP knowledge is a plus
- PEO/human resources outsourcing experience a plus
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Engage PEO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.