Recognized on the Inc. 5000 Honor Roll of fastest-growing companies in the nation - Engage is a leading, national Professional Employer Organization (PEO) - and we continue to grow! We are seeking an Assistant General Counsel/HR Consultant based in Texas.
- Primary HR interface to business clients regarding employee relations, human resources, and compliance issues
- Coordinate with clients and Human Resources and Account Management teams to create and deliver comprehensive HR solutions to our clients
- Develop, draft and implement policies, procedures, and agreements for a variety of human resources and employment-related issues
- Anticipate and mitigate potential compliance problems as they pertain to employment matters
- Develop strategies to reduce potential areas of risk
- Assist with oversight of employment litigation matters, including management of EPLI panel counsel
- Ability to negotiate and draft agreements as appropriate
- Research and draft documents regarding employment law updates
- Regularly conduct employment-related investigations
- Regularly present human resources and compliance trainings
- Work collaboratively and effectively with others
- Productively work from home with minimal supervision
- Engage in significant client interaction
- Complete required domestic travel, the majority of which is in Texas
- NO billable-hour requirement
- Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in Texas
- Strong research and writing skills regarding employment-law issues
- Outstanding interpersonal and consulting skills
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and individually
- Ability to prioritize and execute deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- At least three (3) years of employment litigation experience
- Texas employment law experience
- Additional multistate employment law experience preferred
- Experience handling employment-related audits and drafting agency responses
- Additional proficiency in another language
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Engage PEO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.