Recognized on the Inc. 5000 Honor Roll of fastest growing companies in the nation - Engage PEO is a leading, national Professional Employer Organization (PEO) - and we continue to grow! We are seeking a Payroll Tax Associate to join our dynamic team. This position will be a part of the Finance - Tax team to assist with a temporary project. The Payroll Tax Associate will report directly to the Michael Waibel Manager.
- Processing tax payments on a daily basis
- Reconciling tax payments and tax liabilities on a daily basis
- Filing tax returns
- Running reports for clients on an as needed basis
- Help with tracking tax credits for clients, compiling information to update payroll tax filings, and communicating with internal partners when additional is needed.
- Assist with limited auditing of information, as well as pulling reports for both clients and internal partners.
- Amending 941 returns to capture retroactive credits for clients
- Compiling information regarding client tax credits
- Providing clients with requested tax information
- Attention to Detail
- Strong analytical skills and accounting skills
- Must possess superb Excel skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to learn quickly and having excellent memory retention due to the amount of detail involved
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate an open-minded, team-oriented, and collaborative work style
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to changing requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
- Extremely detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize work, and meet deadlines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, or
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in both Payroll and Accounting Experience.
- Prior Payroll Tax experience is preferred
- Prior Payroll experience is preferred but not required
- Prior PEO experience is preferred but not required
- Prior reconciliation experience is preferred
- ClientSpace and PrismHR knowledge is a plus
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engage PEO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.