Engage is an innovative and fast growing PEO seeking Junior Workers’ Compensation Underwriter to join our dynamic team. This position manages the placement of workers’ compensation insurance for our Clients among our various workers’ compensation programs. The position will deliver a streamlined underwriting process to support our growth initiative while maintaining profitability of our workers’ compensation program. This position also works collaboratively with our insurance brokers, and other internal departments to coordinate and deliver Engage’s products and services to our clients.
The workers’ compensation underwriter is responsible for the evaluation, selection, acceptance, rejection, pricing and servicing of workers’ compensation insurance policies within accepted company procedures and guidelines. Maintains effective broker relationships and manages profitability. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Evaluates new business submissions and all policy documentation to determine hazards and exposures associated with the prospective client and the potential for placement in our insurance programs.
• Ensures documentation contains accurate information for underwriting including proper class codes, locations, payroll, loss information, etc…
• Reviews all submission information to provide recommendations on the proper insurance program placement, prepares and monitors insurance submission, obtains quote, and calculates proper billing rates for Clients
• Ensures all premium, collateral and expense are paid for every bound policy.
• Assist with underwriting audits and other monitoring activities related to individual accounts or programs.
• Demonstrate exceptional customer service by being courteous, professional and helpful at all times when interacting with clients and other employees.
• Bachelor's degree in Risk Management or related field or Minimum of 1 years’ experience in workers’ compensation underwriting.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Excel.
• Responsive and self-motivated team player
• Outstanding customer care
• Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills in other Microsoft Office products
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package