Engage is an innovative and fast growing PEO seeking an experienced Benefits Specialist to join our dynamic team in our St. Petersburg, Florida office. The position will assist in delivering exceptional health and benefits support to our clients and ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations. The Benefits Specialist works collaboratively with all departments, including Human Resources, Payroll and Finance to coordinate and deliver Engage’s products and services (which include payroll, human resources, benefits, risk management and tax administration) to our Clients.
- Administer health and welfare benefit plans, including enrollments and terminations.
- Assist with new employee integration and establishing deductions
- Set up benefit and 401k plans in payroll software system (Davison/HRP)
- Input new employees’ benefit deductions in payroll software system (Davison/HRP)
- Process insurance enrollments, terminations, and assist with the administration of COBRA
- Conduct audits for accuracy
- Perform benefits claim resolution and administration
- Work directly with carriers to resolve issues related to claims, eligibility and service
- Review and manage benefits eligibility and deduction information, and review interface reports between payroll software system (Davison/HRP), Payroll Department and carriers
- Monthly billing reconciliation for various carriers
- Assist clients and employees with 401(k) onboarding
- Create and upload 401k contribution files
- Perform reconciliations, analyze and investigate to resolve discrepancies
- Assist with investigations and projects related to compliance requests
- Assist with discrimination testing, SPDs, Plan Amendments, Plan Document updates and other benefits matters
- Assist with disability paperwork and OSHA recording
- Flexible schedule/hours required
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Davison/HRP software experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in benefits administration
- Familiarity with and understanding of employee benefit plans
- Familiarity with PEO benefit operations
- Knowledge of benefits policies, practices and administrative procedures
- Outstanding client service
- Demonstrated ability to execute and implement benefits projects
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products
Excellent benefits and competitive salary.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.